King’s School aims to equip learners with the skills, values and knowledge that they need for lifelong learning through focusing on children’s academic, moral, social, artistic and sporting development. Teachers aim to achieve this in an atmosphere of warmth and respect, whilst encouraging learners to be questioning, compassionate and independent.
We aim to provide an excellent education in a caring environment, producing a whole person, self-reliant and aware of their obligation to their community, their country and their planet.
“If you want to see what a South African school can be like, go to King’s” – Alan Paton, author of Cry, the Beloved Country and friend of King’s School.
- Excellent academic standards
- An informed teacher’s body skilled in contemporary teaching methods and capable of responding to the needs of all the pupils
- A stimulating environment that challenges and brings out the best in children
- A vibrant cultural programme focusing on performing and visual arts to spur creativity and a love for the arts
- A sporting programme that sharpens skills while promoting teamwork and partnership
- Developing environmental awareness and sustainable living practices